- 2 c green banana,sliced
- 3 c water
- 3 t agar agar (vegan substitude to gelatine)
- 2 T breadcrumbs
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 T mango chutney
- Mix curry powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Put banana and curry mixture into water to cook.
- Add chutney, crumbs and dissolved agar agar (see how bellow)
- Place in mould and put to set.
- Garnish with sweet red peppers.
How to dissolve agar:
How to use it: Agar needs to be heated to dissolve properly. The powdered form of agar is easiest to measure and use; bars and flakes should be dissolved in water first or can be broken down into a powder using a coffee or spice grinder. It sets in about an hour at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon gelatin = 1 teaspoon agar powder (this will set 1 cup of liquid)
- 1 teaspoon agar powder = 1 tablespoon agar flakes = 1/2 agar bar