|Black Beans With Rice||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Delicious Beans With Rice
- 1 lb black beans, dry
- 7 C water
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 11/2 C onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 6 C brown rice,soaked and cooked in unsalted water
- 1 jar (4 oz) sliced pimento, drained
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pick through beans to remove bad ones.
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse.
- In large soup pot or Dutch oven, stir together beans, water, green pepper, onion, oil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt.
- Cover and boil for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3–4 hours or until beans are very tender.
- Stir occasionally, and add water if needed.
- Remove and mash about a third of beans.
- Return to pot. Stir and heat through.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves and stir in vinegar or lemon juice.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sliced pimento and lemon wedges.
Serving size: 0 Calories: 500 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 14 Protein: 21
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe