Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
I use the same seasoning with boneless chicken breasts as well.
- 3/4 lb butter, melted in a skillet
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 3/4 tsp white pepper
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 6 fish fillets
- Heat a cast iron skillet over a high heat until it is VERY hot.
- Combine the dry spices together in a bowl.
- Dip each fillet in melted butter and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides.
- Put the fillets in the skillet and pour in the remaining butter.
- Cook the fish until the underside begins to char or blacken, then turn and cook the other side.
- This will cook quickly and creates a lot of smoke.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe