WHAT IS MILK THISTLE?
Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) has been used for thousands of years in Europe to help support the liver. It contains the antioxidant silymarin, which is thought to help support your body with hormonal balance as well and liver health.
Our liver works hard to filter out toxins our body absorbs and this can also include excess hormones. Milk thistle seed can help stimulate the liver to cleanse itself, while also stimulating the renew of liver cells and to stimulate the liver and gallbladder to secrete bile, aiding in digestion.
Now back to add milk thistle seed in your smoothie! The combinations are endless, as it’s a really good mixer with a mild flavour as taste.
A BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE WITH MILK THISTLE SEED
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Milk Thistle Seed Powder
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 water or nut milk
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
Milk Thistle Seed powder has a very mild taste, so it’s easy to add to smoothies and soups as a thickener. Using maca powder is optional, but has been said to help balance out your hormones, so this is a good one if you have hormonal issues.
Other interesting Milk Thistle Facts
- Traditionally Milk Thistle was associated with increasing breastmilk production
- It is used to save people from Death Cap mushroom poisoning
- It is also used to heal and protect the liver’s of people who have undergone chemotherapy
Precautions: If you are on any medications or taking oral contraceptives, please consult the doctor before taking this product.