Recipe Type: Appetizes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 free range egg
- 4 tablespoons organic butter
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan with 2+1/2-inch diameter cups, or line with paper baking cup liners; set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt;
- add frozen blueberries, and make a well in the center.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass measure and add egg and butter; blend well.
- Pour liquid all at once into flour well.
- (This method allows you to mix the batter with fewer strokes, avoiding overtiring.) Making 12 to 15 full circular strokes that scrape the bottom of bowl; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter ‘should’ be lumpy.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 to 30minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately (otherwise moisture condenses on bottom of cups and muffins become soggy).
Serving size: 1 Calories: 49 Sugar: 0 Protein: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe