|Braised Green Beans & Tomatoes||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Delicious Braised Green Beans & Tomatoes
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook green beans until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and refresh with cold water.
- In a large nonreactive saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add fennel seeds and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds more.
- Add tomatoes and green beans. Cover and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes form a sauce and beans are soft, about 30 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Calories: 80 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 14 Protein: 3 Cholestrol: 0
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe