|Broccoli Fennel Velvet Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 33 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 1/2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped fennel
- cup sliced leek (white and light green parts)
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fennel fronds
- teaspoon dried tarragon
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of milk or additional broth (optional)
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, fennel, leek, fennel fronds, tarragon, and pepper; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Season with salt, adding enough milk or additional broth to make a soup that is very thick but still pours easily into a bowl—or to desired consistency.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 30 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 2 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe