Recipe Type: Soup
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Delicious Broccoli Soup
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (or 2 10-ounce packages frozen broccoli)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Toasted almonds for garnish
- Place vegetables and broth in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes).
- Mix milk, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and thyme; add to cooked vegetables.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is lightly thickened and mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 140 Fat: 3 Saturated fat: 2 Protein: 11 Cholestrol: 20
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe