|Butternut Squash Aux Fines Herbs||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Delicious Butternut Squash Aux Fines Herbs
- 1 lb butternut squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh chives, snipped
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut into ? inch cubes. (To make peeling easier, prick the squash with a fork and microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes.)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat, and add the onions and mushrooms.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the squash and low-sodium chicken stock. Cover tightly and cook until the squash is tender, approximately 20 minutes. (If you are using dried chervil and/or tarragon, add these after 15 minutes of cooking.)
- Remove the cover, and cook a minute or two longer to evaporate most of the remaining liquid.
- Sprinkle on the parsley and chives, and also the fresh chervil and/or tarragon, if used.
Serving size: 0.75 Calories: 70 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 15 Protein: 2
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe