|Cajun Style Pasta||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8/12 medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound Organic chicken breast meat, diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup oat or soya cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the linguine according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Melt the butter in the center of a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and chicken. Pan-fry until the chicken is cooked through, 4 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, cream, sherry, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Pour into the skillet and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cayenne and fold in the tomatoes and peas.
- Cook until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the linguine on individual plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 200 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 0 Protein: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe