This Cumin-kissed grilled steak is topped with gorgeous grilled avocado, cilantro, onion, and salsa. Serve these tacos at your next barbecue or for a quick and easy street taco night at home. These tacos pack a nutrient punch with excellent sources (20% DV or more) of 55% DV Vitamin B12, 45% DV Vitamin B6, 35% DV Vitamin K, 25% DV Magnesium and 20% DV Vitamin C.
Serving Size: 4
|2 Tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 tsp.||ground chipotle|
|1/4 tsp.||salt, plus additional for sprinkling|
|1/4 tsp.||black pepper|
|1 lb.||skirt steak|
|15||(4-inch) corn tortillas, warmed|
|2 tsp.||olive oil|
|As needed||Salt, optional|
|2||ripe, medium Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced in eighths|
|1/4 cup||salsa or hot sauce of your choice|
|1/4 cup||shredded cabbage|
|1 1/2 Tbsp.||minced onion|
|1/4 cup||chopped cilantro|
- Mix together, olive oil, cumin, chipotle, salt, and pepper and pour over steak. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix second measure of olive oil, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt (optional), then pour over avocados.
- Preheat a grill on high for 10 minutes (or until it reaches over 500 degrees F.)
- Place avocado slices on one half of the grill, steak on the other. Close lid and cook for four minutes. Flip steak and avocados, close lid, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until steak is medium rare in the center.
- Give steak 10 minutes to rest before slicing against the grain.
- To make a taco, stack two corn tortillas, top with steak, hot sauce, grilled avocado, cabbage, onion and cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Tacos go best with more tacos, try shrimp, veggie, or chicken, all topped with California Avocados.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.