|“Cheezy” Potato Skins||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 4 large organic baking potatoes
- small butternut squash, cubed
- cup soy margarine*
- spices, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 1 hour. (Note: Do not wrap the potatoes in foil.) While the potatoes are baking, steam the butternut squash until tender and then scoop out of the rind into a large bowl.
- Once the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, remove them from the oven and cut in half. Scoop out the potatoes from the skins, leaving about 1?4 inch attached, and put in the bowl with the squash. Add the soy margarine and any spices, such as black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, or cumin. Mash until the consistency of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- Place the skin halves onto a baking sheet and spoon the mixture into each skin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve as-is or with tofu sour cream or salsa.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 45 Fat: 14 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 24 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 10
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe