Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Even if you are not on a low-protein diet, you may like the low-protein variation because it adds vegetables to the chicken curry.
- 2 pounds organic chicken pieces
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- teaspoon ground ginger
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cup water
- Remove skin from the chicken; rinse and pat dry. Season with salt, if using.
- In a 3-quart nonstick pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and red pepper until absorbed.
- Stir in the water.
- Add the chicken pieces and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 120 Fat: 5 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 15 Sugar: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 4
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe