|Chicken Gai Yang||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
I first tasted this at Teachers, once my favorite local restaurant. Teachers is gone but I can order it from my now favorite Vietnamese restaurant, Saigon Grill. I’m not sure the soy sauce and sesame oil are authentic ingredients, but they taste good.
- 2 pounds organic chicken pieces
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves (fresh coriander)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove skin from the chicken; rinse and pat dry. Season with salt, if using.
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper flakes.
- Add chicken and let stand 10 minutes or longer in the refrigerator, turning once.
- Place the chicken pieces on a broiler tray.
- Brush with marinade.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is browned.
- Brush other side of chicken with marinade and broil 4 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is browned and cooked through
Serving size: 1 Calories: 120 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe