|CHICKEN A LA WORCESTERSHIRE WINE SAUCE||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 2 tbsp. veg. oil
- 2 1/2 lb. organic chicken, cut up
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 baby carrots, peeled, or 2 lg. carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 med. red onion, sliced, or 16 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 16 sm. mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 c. Lea and Perrins White Wine Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c. yogurt or light cream
- Heat oil in a large skillet, season chicken and brown pieces over moderately high heat until golden on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and turn to glaze.
- Drain excess fat.
- Pour white wine worcestershire sauce over all.
- Cook 15 minutes more, basting occasionally, until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in yogurt or cream and warm through.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 288 Fat: 14 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 24 Sugar: 1 Fiber: 0 Protein: 22 Cholesterol: 0
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe