|CHICKEN AND RICE ALMONDINE SQUASH||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 3 acorn squash, halved
- 1/2 c. almonds, natural sliced
- 1/4 c. organic butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 c. long grain brown rice
- 1 c. organic chicken broth
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 2 tsp. orange peel
- 2 organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Garlic powder
- Bake squash at 350 degrees for 45 minutes in 1L water. When squash is baked, brush with butter and syrup.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook chicken slowly.
- Season with pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook rice in chicken broth until done.
- Add raisins, almonds, orange peel and chicken to rice. Scoop into squash, using squash as a bowl.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 240 Fat: 16 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 32 Sugar: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 24 Cholesterol: 32
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe