Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
- 1 lb. organic chicken boned breast
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 oz. bamboo shoots
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. organic butter
- 1/4 c. apple juice
- Combine, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, sugar and salt. Roll chicken in mixture.
- Brown chicken in butter and combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, one half-cup water and one quarter cup apple juice.
- Pour liquid over browned chicken.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until fork tender. Stir once, add bamboo shoots.
- Combine one quarter cup water, one quarter cup apple juice and 3 tablespoons soy sauce with cornstarch mix.
- Left over, add to chicken stir until thick.
- Serve hot garnished with French fried walnuts.
- Make by heating one half cup or more walnuts in boiling water five minutes.
- Remove skins, dry and fry until brown.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 299 Fat: 15 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 50 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 26 Cholesterol: 14
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe