|Cocoa Angel Food Cake||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Delicious Cocoa Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Organic egg whites (about 12 egg whites)
- 3/4 cup sifted whole wheat pastry flour or sifted unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or carob
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- Fresh fruit (such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or peaches)
- Place the egg whites in a 5 or 6 quart bowl.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and cocoa powder together 4 times; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and vanilla. Then beat on medium speed until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Add the honey, tablespoon at a time, and continue beating on medium speed until the egg whites form stiff peaks but are not dry.
- Sift 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites and fold in using a wire whisk or large spatula.
- Repeat sifting and folding in the flour 3 more times.
- Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10″ tube pan with a removable bottom.
- Use a thin knife to cut through the batter to remove any large air pockets.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert the pan onto a wire rack and let cool for at least 1 1/2 hours. Then remove the cake from the pan.
- Slice and serve with the fresh fruit.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe