|Delightful Parmesan Escarole||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
Delicious Delightful Parmesan Escarole
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 large heads escarole, washed, dried and cut into 2-inch (5-cm) strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (165C).
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the escarole and garlic and cook until the escarole wilts.
- Add the rosemary, lemon zest, white wine and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, season lightly with salt and pepper and transfer to a wide, shallow baking dish.
- Cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the dish from the oven and increase the temperature to 200C.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the escarole.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and crisp.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 200 Fat: 1 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Protein: 2
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe