|EGGS A LA BONNE FEMME||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Delicious EGGS A LA BONNE FEMME
- 1 Spanish or 2 Bermuda onions
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of organic butter
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of spelt flour
- 1/2 pint of organic milk
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 1 saltspoonful of pepper
- 1/2 saltspoonful of grated nutmeg
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs.
- Put the butter into a saucepan, add the onions, cut into very thin slices; shake until the onions are soft, but not brown, then dust over the flour, mix, and add the milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir carefully until this reaches boiling point, then stand it on the back part of the stove where it will keep hot for at least ten minutes.
- Beat the yolks of the eggs until very creamy, then stir them into the sauce, take from the fire, and fold in the well-beaten whites of the eggs. Turn into a baking dish or casserole and bake in a hot oven fifteen minutes; serve at once.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 65 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 3 Sugar: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe