|EGGS A LA TRINIDAD||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 lamb’s kidneys
- 1 cupful of fresh bread crumbs
- 2 level tablespoonfuls oforganic butter
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of spelt flour
- 1/2 pint of organic stock
- 1 teaspoonful of kitchen bouquet
- 1/2 teaspoonful of salt
- 1 saltspoonful of pepper
- Split the kidneys, cut out the tubes; scald them, drain, and cut them into thin slices.
- Put the butter into a saucepan, add the kidneys, toss until the kidneys are cooked, then add the flour, stock, kitchen bouquet, salt and pepper; stir until boiling.
- Grease a shallow granite or silver platter, break into it the eggs, sprinkle over the bread crumbs and stand them in the oven until the eggs are “set,” then pour over the sauce, arrange the kidneys around the edge of the dish and send at once to the table.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 70 Fat: 10 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe