|EGGS MONTE BELLO||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Delicious EGGS MONTE BELLO
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of organic butter
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 pint of strained tomato
- 1 teaspoonful of onion juice
- 1/2 teaspoonful of salt
- 1 salt spoonful of pepper
- Put about two quarts of water into a small deep saucepan;
- when boiling very hard drop in, one at a time, the eggs.
- In dropping them in, the white will fold over the yolk and make the eggs round. Push them to the back of the stove to stand for two minutes. Lift them with a skimmer, dip them in an egg beaten with a tablespoonful of water, dust them with bread crumbs and fry them in deep hot fat. You cannot use a frying basket. Just drop them in the fat, and as they are browned lift them out onto soft paper to drain.
- Rub the butter and flour together, add the tomato and seasoning;
- when boiling dish the eggs on a heated platter, pour around tomato sauce and send to the table.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 50 Fat: 4 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 10 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 6
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe