Beautify your skin and unleash your inner beauty with the world’s most precious gold- olive oil. It has been used for skin care since ancient times and nowadays the tradition continues strongly. This precious golden oil is one of world’s most sought after natural oils for skin care, and this should not come as a surprise if we list all the benefits that olive oil has to offer. Among the most important skin health benefits that olive oil contains, are its anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and exfoliating properties. Below we offer you a list of great tips on how to use olive oil in order to achieve natural beauty. Enjoy!
1. Say ‘No’ to premature skin aging: While the consummation of olive oil prevents blood cells from oxidizing, its topical application on skin prevents skin cells from oxidizing as well. These antioxidant properties, the antioxidant hydroxytyrosol and vitamin E, help in the prevention of cell degeneration in your skin, which is great!
2. Fight Acne & Blackheads: Mix some olive oil together with salt and you’ll get a perfect scrub against acne and blackheads. Just apply the mixture onto your face, rub gently, and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Your skin will feel great!
3. Softest Lips Ever: Make your own natural lip balm by combining equal parts of olive oil and beeswax. Put the mixture in a small glass jar and apply it with your fingertip.
4. Smooth Feet: Keep your feet soft and moisturized with a natural homemade foot scrub. Combine equal parts of olive oil and honey, then add some sugar and a little amount of lemon juice. First, soak your feet inwarm water so that the skin softens, then apply the moisture to them, and massage gently. Finally, moisturize your feet and hands with a homemade emulsion of water and olive oil mixed together.
5. Prevent Hair Loss & Damage: Use olive oil for your hair instead of harsh chemicals and thus lower the damage caused to it.
6. Stunning Eyelashes: Use olive oil instead of mascara in order to darken and boost the shine of your eyelashes and eyebrows as well.
7. Smooth Shaving: Instead of soap or shaving cream, use olive oil for a close, comfortable shave.
8. Clean Sensitive Skin: Olive oil served as a substitute for soap in ancient times. Ancient Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians massaged olive oil into their skin, and then removed it along with the dirt and dead skin cells. Nowadays, there is an enormous array of cleansing products containing olive oil; however, some people still enjoy more cleansing their skin with pure olive oil.
9. Moisturizing Face Mask: Make an amazing moisturizing facial mask by mixing together some olive oil with a mashed ripe avocado. Apply the mixture to your face, or another area that needs moisturizing, and leave it on for about 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
10. Goodbye Cellulite: Fight cellulite by mixing together used coffee grounds with olive oil. Apply the mixture directly to the skin, covering the affected area, and massage gently for about 20 minutes. Repeat this every day, and you’ll soon notice the results.
11. Help Your Damaged Hair: Deep condition your damaged hair by applying warm olive oil onto it. First, warm a ¼ cup of olive oil to a reasonable temperature, then apply it to your scalp, massage gently, and proceed by working it through your hair down to its roots. Afterwards, wrap your hair in a plastic wrap, or put a shower cap on, then heat it with a hair dryer. Leave it on for half an hour, then shampoo as usual.
12. Makeup Remover: You can remove makeup from your face by applying a small amount of olive oil on a cotton ball and then gently wiping off your makeup. Don’t worry because it is perfectly safe for your eyes.
13. Minimize Stretch Marks: Stretch marks are really hard to be fought against; however, you can minimize their appearance by applying a mixture of equal parts of olive oil and cocoa butter. This mixture will moisturize your skin and make it more elastic.
14. Beautiful Hair: Condition your hair by applying a mixture of used coffee grounds and olive oil. It will moisturize your hair and make it smooth. Olive oil strengthens hair and makes it more flexible. You can also use olive oil to detangle your hair, just put some olive oil on your fingertips, work it through your hair, and then comb.
15. An Ancient Beauty Mask: This recipe includes an egg yolk, a spoonful of olive oil, and a spoonful of honey. Mix the ingredients together, then apply the mixture to your face, massage, and leave it on for 15 minutes. Finally rinse off with warm water. Enjoy your beautiful skin!
16. Avoid Clogging Your Skin Pores: Olive oil is great because it does not clog skin pores and it does not leave your skin with a greasy feeling. It actually penetrates the skin, leaving it smooth and silky. Did you know that Cleopatra used olive oil to enhance her beauty? Well, now you do!
17. Firm & Tone Your Skin: Put equal parts of water and olive oil in a jar, or any other container with a tight-fitting lid, shake it well, and apply to your skin. Simple, yet effective!
18. Natural Exfoliation: By exfoliating your skin you remove the upper layer of dead skin cells and thus reveal new glowing skin. Olive oil has great exfoliating properties, as well as moisturizing ones. Mix a handful of olive oil together with a teaspoon of either sugar, or salt. Apply the mixture to your skin and gently massage. The feeling is great and your skin will be glowing!
19. Enhance Your Conditioner: Add some olive oil to your conditioner in order to enhance and improve its qualities.
20. Women’s Secret Beauty Weapon: In the Holy Bible there’s a part which mentions that the Persian king Xerxes’ wives beautified themselves by using olive oil. Another example is Sophia Loren, the gorgeous Italian actress, who is still proclaimed to be one of the most beautiful women in the world even though she is in her 70-s. This amazing woman also credits her own exceptional beauty to olive oil baths, and she also claims that she consumes olive oil on a daily basis.
Therefore ladies and gentlemen we recommend embracing the enormous array of health and skin health benefits that olive oil offers us with enthusiasm and passion!