A nourishing slice that’s perfect for making in bulk, freezing and reheating for any meal! It makes a great lunchbox addition sneaking extra veggies into even the fussiest of eaters!
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 450g zucchini, grated (approximately 2 cups)
- 250g sweet potato, peeled and grated (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup (150g) almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or organic cheese
- Cherry tomatoes to top
EXTRA OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line baking dish with parchment paper.
- If you have a food processor you can whip up this recipe super quick by using your grater blade and grate sweet potato, zucchini, onion and garlic.
- Mix zucchini, sweet potato, almond meal, rosemary, nutritional yeast (or organic cheese) and salt and pepper ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make well in the mixture, add eggs and mix well.
- Spread evenly in baking tin (20cm x 30cm), or whatever you have. We used our loaf dish. Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake 40-50 minutes. This will depend on your dish you used, the slice is cooked once you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.