- 1 English cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum)
- 3 yellow tomatoes
- ¼ small sweet white onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or just use water to make it 100% raw)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Thai chili
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2-inch piece reserved cucumber
- 1 each: yellow and red tomato
- ½ cup small croutons (use gluten-free as required, or leave out to make it 100% raw)
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- Cut a 2″ piece of cucumber and reserve for the garnish. Peel the rest and chop into large chunks; place in a blender or food processor. Chop the remaining vegetables into chunks and add to the blender along with remaining soup ingredients. Process the mixture until smooth. Pass soup through a sieve, pressing with the back of a spoon to release as much liquid as possible.
- Discard the solids. Refrigerate the soup for 2 or 3 hours to allow all the flavours to mingle.
- To prepare the garnish, finely chop the reserved cucumber piece and dice the tomatoes. Place each of the garnishes in its own bowl for guests to help themselves. To serve, pour the chilled soup into small cups and set on a tray filled with ice, with the garnish bowls on the side.
Many thanks to www.bhmpics.com for the inspiration.