WOW! These gorgeous roses are so quick & easy to make… anyone can do it! They look impressive but take less than 2 minutes each!
For the rose stems, I purchased roses at the dollar store and used those as my stems. You can use skewers or lollipop sticks as well. I recommend placing the stick or stem into the strawberry before you begin so you don’t crush the leaves once it’s done.
These make a beautiful addition to a fruit plate or would be perfect for a bridal shower or Valentine’s day (you can even make them chocolate dipped)! The kids would also love them as a special snack dipped in whipped cream!
- Wash and completely dry your strawberries. Insert the lollipop stick or rose stem in the bottom of each strawberry. (If you do it after they’re cut it squishes the petals).
- Starting at the bottom, cut “petals” slightly angled towards the center of the strawberry but don’t cut all the way through. You want to cut about 1/4″ down on the first row on the bottom. (I was able to get about 5-6 “petals” on the bottom row).
- Using the knife, gently bend each cut piece out so it can slightly curl out creating a petal shape.
- With the remaining rows, it works best to cut as close to the skin/red as possible as the piece will curl out better. Start the next row of petals going in between the petals you have already cut.
- Continue all of the way to the top. Serve immediately.