- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut or Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp Mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Coarsely grated carrot,
- 1 C Kale, chopped
- 1/2 C Mashed sweet potato
- 1 C Cooked Kidney beans
- 1-1/2 C Cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Chickpea flour
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash kidney beans with a strong fork or potato masher (you could pulse in a food processor too but make sure not to over-process). You want some chunks for texture. Add sweet potato and mix well. Set aside.
- Warm oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, spices and salt and continue to cook for another minute so that the spices toast and become fragrant.
- Add kale and carrots and cook for a further 2-4 minutes until greens are wilted. Stir in lemon juice.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the bowl along with the cooked quinoa and mix well. Stir through chickpea flour.
- Shape into patties with damp hands to stop them sticking. Mine were about 1/3 C each. If you make them larger or smaller adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Bake patties for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.