1 pound frozen mango chunks (no need to defrost) – or 3 pounds fresh mangos (3 or 4), pitted, peeled, and chopped
2 medium-sized perfectly ripe nectarines, pitted and in chunks
1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Up to 4 cups cold water
• Roasted almond oil drizzled lightly on each serving
• Very finely minced cucumber
• A touch of chopped or crumbled rosemary (blossoms included, if available)
• A few Marcona almonds
• Cooked, peeled beets of a contrasting color (magenta or pink) – minced, sliced or grated on top
• Small toasts brushed with roasted almond oil
- Combine the mangos, nectarines, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, lime juice, and vinegars in a food processor, and process until uniformly blended.
- Keep the machine running while you drizzle in the olive oil. When it’s incorporated, transfer the mixture to a large bowl (ideally one with a tight fitting lid).
- Stir in cold water until it reaches your preferred consistency, and then adjust the salt to taste. You can serve it now (especially if it’s still quite cold from the frozen mangos), or refrigerate it to let the flavors meld.
- Serve cold, garnished beautifully with your chosen enhancements.