|Orange Chicken with Brown Rice||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Delicious Orange Chicken with Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, Organic skinless chicken breasts; cut in 1/2 inch strips
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup low fat vegan substitution to ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup organic long grain brown rice (soaked for 30min and cooked untill nearly ready)
- 1 green pepper; julienne
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges; drained
- In a large skillet that has a lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cook and stir about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper while cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing, orange juice, and brown sugar.
- Stir mixture into chicken, mix well.
- Add the brown rice and green pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mandarin oranges.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with stir fry veggies and enjoy!
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe