|Oriental Pineapple Chicken||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Delicious Oriental Pineapple Chicken
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless Organic Chicken breasts, halved
- 8 cups assorted salad greens, such as spinach, radicchio, endive, sprouts
- 8 slices fresh peeled pineapple, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
Note: To toast sesame seeds, sprinkle them into a heavy skillet. Shaking the pan and stirring seeds often, being careful not to burn them, cook over low heat until seeds make popping sound.
- Combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, onion, garlic and pepper in glass pie plate. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Arrange salad greens on four salad plates. Set aside. Remove chicken from marinade and place on broiler pan; reserve marinade.
- Broil chicken 4 inches from heat approximately 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from broiler, cover and set aside.
- Place pineapple slices on broiler pan.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until fruit is cooked and browned. Remove from broiler pan.
- To make dressing, bring reserved marinade to boiling in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil 3 minutes. Set dressing aside to cool slightly.
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise and arrange on lettuce. Spoon boiled dressing over chicken and greens.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds; add pineapple slices. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 110 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 38 Protein: 20 Cholesterol: 7
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe