|Pecan Baked Apples||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
You can use any apple but Granny Smith, as they never seem to soften. I make these in the microwave, but you can just bake them in a 375°F oven until soft, about 35 minutes.
- 2 large apples
- cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut the apple in half through the stem and blossom ends.
- Using the tip of a spoon or a melon baller, remove and discard the core.
- Using the spoon (or melon baller), scoop out the apple flesh, leaving a shell about 8-inch thick.
- Place the scooped apple flesh and pecans into a food processor.
- Cover and process until finely chopped.
- Stir in the agave syrup and cinnamon.
- Spoon equal amounts of this mixture into each of the apple shells.
- Place in a glass or microwave-safe baking dish.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Rotate apples in dish and microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes longer.
Saturated fat: 0 Protein: 0 Cholestrol: 0
You can just bake them in a 375°F oven until soft, about 35 minutes.
LOW: saturated fat, protein, cholesterol, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe