|Red Pepper Bisque||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Delicious Red Pepper Bisque
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- cup sliced leek (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup peeled, cubed potato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium red bell peppers, halved and roasted
- See page 27 for instructions on roasting red peppers)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- In a 3-quart nonstick saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the leek and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, potato, and tomato paste, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Place the soup, roasted peppers, sugar, nutmeg, and pepper in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Add buttermilk and salt, and process until combined.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 40 Fat: 10 Saturated fat: 2 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 22 Sugar: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe