Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Delicious rice omelet
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pepperoni — 1/4″ cubes
- 3 tablespoon organic butter
- 8 organic eggs
- In a bowl,with a fork blend the rice,cheese and pepperoni.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl just long enough to mix the whites and yolks;then season lightly with salt and pepper.In a large frying pan or omelet pan,over medium high heat,melt the butter,being sure the entire bottom of the pan is coated.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for an omelet,lifting thecooked part of the eggs to allow the uncooked part to run under,and shaking the pan when the bottom starts to set.
- While the top is still moist,spoon the rice filling down the center of the omelet.
- Fold over,and cook just long enough to heat the filling and melt the cheese.Or,if you prefer,cook individual omelets,using 2 or three eggs per person, and divide the filling among the omelets.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 160 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Protein: 4
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe