|Salmon With Basil Cream Sauce||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
NOTE: The fish can be prepared up to three hours in advance. Reheat the fish in the sauce over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2 lbs. wild salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 T unsalted organic butter
- 3 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 t freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 t salt, or to taste
- Cut the salmon into 6 equal serving pieces, wash and pat dry on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the salmon on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, keeping the center slightly rare since the fish will continue to cook after it is taken from the pan.
- Remove the fish from the pan with a slotted spatula and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the shallots and garlic to the pan.
- Saute, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the basil, parsley, wine, cream, lemon juice, pepper and salt to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Taste for seasoning, adding pepper and salt as needed.
- To serve, reheat the fish slightly in the sauce and then serve the sauce around the salmon fillets.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe