|Salmon-Broccoli Loaf with Dill and Capers||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 40 mins
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Note: very moist and velvety, let it stand at room temp 30 minutes before slicing. Recipe needs no salt…
- 1 c loosely packed parsley sprigs, washed & patted dry on paper towels
- 6 slices firm-textured bread
- 2 c 1/2 inch cubes of broccoli stems (the amt you’ll get from one large
- bunch of broccoli. Amount can be variable.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into slim wedges
- 1 3/4 pounds cooked or canned wild boned salmon (remove all dark skin)
- 1/3 c drained capers (use the small capers)
- 2/3 c light cream
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 TBS snipped fresh dill or 3/4 tsp dill weed
- Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, mince paresely fine, using 5-6 on-offs of the motor; empty into a large mixing bowl.
- Now crumb the bread 2 slices at a time, with two or three 5-or 6 churning of the motor; add to bowl.
- Dump all the broccoli stems into processor; mince very fine with about three 5-second bursts; add to bowl.
- Flake the salmon in three batches — 2 on-offs will be enough.
- Add to the mixing bowl along with all remaining ingredients.
- Mix v thoroughly, pack mixture firmly into a well-buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and bake in a slow oven (300 degrees F.) for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until loaf begins to pull from sides of pan and is firm to the touch.
- Remove loaf from oven and let it stand upright in its pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully loosen the loaf all around w a thin-bladed spatula, then invert gently onto a large serving platter.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe