|Scampi with Broccoli||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Delicious Scampi with Broccoli
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Lemon juice to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp. garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and season with salt.
- Saute until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil to skillet.
- Add broccoli and season with salt.
- Saute until bright green, about 1 minute.
- Add water, cover and cook until broccoli is just tender and water has evaporated, 3 to minutes. Transfer broccoli to bowl with shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine clam juice, remaining 1/2 Tbsp. garlic and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Add to skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Add reserved shrimp and broccoli and heat through.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 185 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 7 Protein: 26 Cholesterol: 175
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe