|Snap Pea Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups snap peas
- cup green peas (fresh or frozen, not canned)
- cup diced potato
- cup sliced leek (white and light green parts)
- teaspoon dried rosemary or fresh mint
- 8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- cup plain yogurt (optional)
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the broth, water, snap peas, green peas, potato, leek, rosemary, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes; uncover and simmer 20 minutes longer or until the potato is soft.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into individual bowls, adding a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 69 Fat: 5 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe