Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Delicious Southwestern Salad
- Onions, chopped 1/2 cup
- Lean ground organic beef 1 pound
- Chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Dry oregano 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Canned kidney beans, red, drained 1 cup
- Canned chickpeas, drained 1 15-ounce can
- Tomato, diced 1 medium
- Lettuce 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet until the beef no longer remains pink. Drain.
- Stir chili powder, oregano, and cumin into beef mixture; cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Mix gently to combine.
- Combine lettuce and cheese in large serving bowl.
- Portion lettuce and cheese onto 4 plates.
- Add 1 cup of beef mixture on top of lettuce and cheese.
Serving size: 1/2 Calories: 485 Fat: 22 Saturated fat: 9 Cholesterol: 99mg
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe