|Split Pea and Barley Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 4 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- cup chopped carrot
- cup green or yellow split peas
- 3 tablespoons pearl barley
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- teaspoon poultry seasoning
- teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the celery, onion, carrot, and peas; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Add the barley, dill, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes longer or until the peas have dissolved.
- Season with salt.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 70 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 22 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe