|Tuna & Tomatoes Provencale||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Delicious Tuna & Tomatoes Proven?ale
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or scallion greens
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- Several fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, lemon juice and black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Add tuna, red peppers, olives, chopped basil, chives or scallions and capers.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick and arrange on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle tuna mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Let stand 20 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves just before serving.
NUTRITION BONUS: If you are counting grams of fat, check the tuna label. Albacore tuna can contain anywhere from 1 to 7 grams in 2 ounces, depending on the catch.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 120 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: 0 Protein: 19 Cholesterol: 28
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe