Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
I used to make picadillo with ground beef but found that turkey is just as good, and better for you. The reduced-protein variation doesn’t use any turkey at all but substitutes cooked bulgur—a good choice for any vegetarians in the household, too.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 teaspoon ground cloves (or more to taste)
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- cup water
- cup tomato paste
- 15 small pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- cup raisins
- 8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey with the onion, green pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat until the turkey is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the oregano and cloves.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, olives, raisins, and ground red pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and salt, if using, and cook until heated through.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 30 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 1 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe