|Tuscan Fish Stew||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Delicious Tuscan Fish Stew
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 9 littleneck clams, soaked in cold water and well scrubbed
- 3/4 pound cleaned mussels, well scrubbed
- 1 large Dungeness crab, cleaned and cracked
- 1/2 pound cubed whitefish (cod, grouper, bass, trout, or halibut)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- In an 8-quart pot, heat the olive oil and sautе the garlic and onions in the olive oil until
- translucent. Add the white wine, clams, basil and oregano. Cook covered until clams open (about 8 minutes). Remove opened clams and set aside. Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the crab and shrimp bring to a boil slowly and cook until shrimp are opaque.
- Add the mussels and whitefish allow simmering for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat; allow sitting for 10 minutes.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Add parsley and lemon peel, return to heat, simmering until shrimp turn pink. Serve in 4 shallow bowls.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 110 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 0 Protein: 15 Cholesterol: 0
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe