Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1? pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons mild chili powder
- l teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon dried oregano
- 1? cups cooked black beans (from dried or canned, drained)
- cup water
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- One 4- to 5-ounce can chopped chilies (including canning liquid)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- teaspoon brown sugar
- teaspoon instant espresso or coffee (decaffeinated, if desired)
- Salt to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat, crumbling the turkey until it is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Stir in the beans, water, tomato sauce, chilies, tomato paste, bay leaf, sugar, espresso, and salt, if using.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes; discard bay
- leaf before serving.
Serving size: 5 Calories: 160 Fat: 12 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 11 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 4
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe