Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Delicious Veal Stew
- 1 pound grass fed Veal trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1 cup baby carrots or 2/3 large carrots – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 to 8 small onions – peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 large boiling potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 to 3 cups de-fatted Organic chicken or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Pepper and Herbs to taste (sage, rosemary, thyme)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat a large, non-stick, pot on high. When hot, sear meat on all sides.
- Add herbs and seasoning and stir.
- Add stock and bring to the boil (the chicken stock will be more delicate and let the full flavor come through).
- Add vegetables and return to the boil.
- Cover and simmer on very low heat for 45 minutes to an hour or until meat is fork tender and vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Turn heat to high and bring stew up to the boil, remove from heat and drizzle in corn starch mixture while stirring constantly.
- Return to heat and continue to stir until the stew has thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 200 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 0 Protein: 21
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe