VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUP PIE
Vegan peanut butter cup no-bake pie with a graham cracker crust and chocolate ganache top! 8 ingredients, simple to prepare, and SO delicious you won’t be able to have just 1 slice.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (or sub similar gluten free cracker/cookie)
- 4.5 Tbsp melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, slightly drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup organic creamy salted natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or sub honey if not vegan)
- 1 14-ounce can (~ 1/34 cups) full fat coconut milk OR coconut cream, chilled overnight (no shaking the can! You want the cream and liquid to remain separate)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- 1 cup semisweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I used full fat coconut, but almond milk is fine, too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a standard glass pie pan (8 inches x 1 1/4 inches).
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a semi-fine meal. A little texture is OK, just remove any large pieces that didn’t get ground. Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Add to greased pie pan and press down with your fingers to flatten. You can lie a piece of plastic wrap over the top when pressing down to ensure a more uniform layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add tofu, peanut butter, maple syrup or agave to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more agave for added sweetness or a pinch of salt if your peanut butter wasn’t very salted.
- Next, scoop out the cream of our coconut milk or cream and whip into whipped cream in a large, chilled mixing bowl. Optional: sweeten with a little powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Fold the peanut butter-tofu mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour filling over crust and pop in the freezer to chill. Once it’s fairly chilled and slightly firm (about 1 hour), prepare your ganache.
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl and heat your non-dairy milk to a low simmer. Then pour over chocolate chips and don’t touch for 5 minutes to allow it to melt. Then stir gently with a spoon or rubber spatula until a smooth ganache forms. If it doesn’t quite melt, you can also heat it in the microwave in 10 second increments until smooth and melted.
- Spoon over the top of the pie and spread in an even layer with a knife or spatula, working quickly as the ganache will get clumpy if it sets too long.
- Top with crushed, salted roasted peanuts (optional) and pop back in the freezer to set. 20-30 minutes before serving, remove from freezer and serve. Alternatively, you can chill this in the fridge, but it is much more delicate to slice and serve, but just as delicious.
- After the initial chill, make sure you cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
I froze my pie and then about 30 minutes before serving set it out to get ultra creamy. SO good. When you take one bite and your eyes roll into the back of your head, you know it’s a winner. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 421 Fat: 27 g Saturated fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 38 g Sugar: 25 g Sodium: 206 mg Fiber: 3.4 g Protein: 7 g
Author: Minimalist Baker