- 2 medium sized baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ tsp. salt
- generous black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- ½ cup coconut bacon
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Scrub potatoes and puncture a few times with a knife.
- Bake until easily pierced with a knife, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. You want them nice and soft so the insides mash up well.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop insides into a medium bowl. Mash with a potato masher (or use a mixer if you like your taters fluffy).
- Add margarine, milk, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and hot sauce if using. Mash until well mixed, then fold in beans and scallions. You can add a little extra milk if it seems necessary to get a nice creamy consistency.
- Divide potato mixture and spoon back into skins. Return to oven and bake for another twenty minutes, or until tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and top with coconut bacon.