Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Simple Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped eggplant
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes in thick pur?e, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup cooked small white beans or cannellini (from dry or canned, drained)
- cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet vermouth (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a 6-quart nonstick pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, leek, red bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with pure, breaking them up with the back of a spoon. Stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 160 Fat: 2 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 3 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe