|Vegetable Tomato Soup||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a nonstick 5-quart pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, crushed tomatoes, water, sugar, oregano, basil, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the celery and carrots.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, green beans, and parsley.
- Return to the simmer, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf; stir in salt, if using, before serving.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 88 Fat: 1 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 3
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe