|Warm Salad of Thyme-Crusted Tuna & Arugula||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. tuna steaks, 1 inch thick, cut into 4 portions
- 3 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cups arugula, stems removed
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut lengthwise
- into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, slivered
To make vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot and garlic. Season with
- salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make salad:
- Rub oil all over tuna. Sprinkle tuna generously with salt and pepper. Press about 1 tsp. thyme leaves into each side.
- Heat a large heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until very hot.
- Add tuna and sear until browned and crusted on the bottom, about minutes.
- Turn tuna over and cook until browned-about 2 minutes more for medium-rare, a few minutes longer to cook through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes, basil and mint. Toss with reserved dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Divide arugula salad among 4 plates, mounding it to one side. Fan tuna slices around the salad. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 50 Fat: 1 Saturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 2 Sugar: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 5
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe