|West Indian Steamed Fish||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 17 mins
Delicious Easy Cooked Fish
- 4 white-flesh fish fillets, totaling 1 pound (e.g., snapper, perch, porgy)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Marinate fish in lime juice and salt for at least 1 hour.
- Remove fish from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Dust fish with flour.
- Heat pan. Add oil. Brown fish on each side and remove from pan.
- Saute onions, garlic, thyme, peppers, and tomatoes. Add fish and leftover marinade to pan. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes or until fish is fully cooked and sauce is thick.
Serving size: 1 fish fillet Calories: 155 Fat: 1 Protein: 21 Cholestrol: 12
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe